Saturday, February 19, 2011

Crossfit FXTX Cupid's Challenge

We completed the Cupids Challenge today as a team of 4- Willie, Jake, Mike and me.
The 1st WOD was 2 rounds of wallballs clearing a 10' suspended PVC 25reps each then a 400m 90# chain suspended plate run. No rep for every time it touched the PVC and 20sec penalty for every time it touched the ground.
The 2nd WOD was 2 45# bars, 6 45# plates and 4 clips all carried oved 2 hay bails and then assembled to a 135# bar and a 225# bar which we then used for 21-15-9 Deadlifts and Team Burpees. Burpees had to be done as a team with the next burpee not starting until last team member clapped above head. Also required clap behind back from bottom of burpee on ground.
3rd WOD was 10min time limit for all 4 team members to find a 1RM floor to overhead.

We did ok on the 1st WOD since I threw all wallballs backwards like a stone throw (this was much easier for me). We had 2 penalties because my throws were a bit crazy and Willie simply wasn't able to catch 1 of them. The other penalty was from a communication error.
The 2nd WOD went well, DL's pretty good, we took the penalty on my 21 for the sake of time management and to keep me fast for the rest of the workout.
The 3rd WOD went well. I wanted 115# but failed at 110# and mentally had to call it a day at 105#. All 3 guys PR'd and did awesome!
Overall we finished 2nd in the Intermediate competition and I'm happy to say I felt pretty great all day. I ate well (had the cooler packed with good food) and didn't have an energy crash. Felt pretty good during all WOD's but of course am disappointed we didn't finish 1st :( Still, it was a ton of fun and I would love to do it again!! We had awesome support out there and it really was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment